Many years have passed since the famous astronaut Buzz Aldrin set foot on the moon after Neil Armstrong, July 20, 1969. Well today his name back to being paired with Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program, a video game dedicated to space.
The game just announced by Slitherine Ltd, is a management and simulator aimed to enclose the entire history of space exploration. The program includes a historical development that starts from the first launches of 1950 to future manned mission to Mars, including many historical models reproduced accurately as modules Sputnik, the historic aircraft Gemini and Apollo and the famous X-15 space plane, first plane that flew outside the Earth’s atmosphere.
But there is not only the historical aspect in this game. The title in fact spread over a management structure that examines various aspects of the industry such as pilot training, economy, scientific research, the development of specialized facilities, accidents, and space observation.
Here in more detail the most important features of the game.
- Progress of the projects of the missions due to the possibility of several components designed in high detail with the technique and 3D rendering.
- Recruitment and training of aspiring astronauts and assignment to the missions.
- Management of the operating statement of your agency.
- Research and development of hundreds of components for the realization of missions, are offered 40 different categories of programs.
- Design and development of your project Develop your system with advanced facilities and improvements including the the Mission Control Center, the Assembly Building, and the Observatory.
- Taking of important decisions such as whether to stop or continue a mission in the presence of problems that can cause catastrophic failures.
- Formation of an elite team of scientists, engineers, technicians and air traffic controllers to achieve the best chance of success.
- Project management considering what are the needs reported by the national government.
- Ability to start a large number of searches by providing a huge database on the tasks completed and also to those who have never been initiated.
- During the game there is a historical consultant that provides you with all the information regarding the true real missions and the astronauts involved.
- Chance to play in Sand Box mode so you can manage your budget excluding any involvement with politics.